Hi friends! So the year has come to an end already (how?!) and what better way to end the year than with a good old dose of self-reflection? I believe it’s very very important to reflect on one’s self at least once a year, and since it’s the year-end, it’s better now than ever. Reflection for some people can be harder than it is for others, but everyone should try it in order to come to terms with 2017 and to start the new year off on the right foot. So today I’m going to share with you my self-reflection process? or whatever it is. I encourage you guys to do so as well. These are questions that I’ve gathered from multiple sources, Pinterest included. Also, this isn’t something I would normally do publically, so please respect that. Enjoy!
Reflecting on 2017
1. My biggest fitness accomplishment was:
maintaining my clean eating habits for the most part throughout the year, and increasing the amount I can lift.
2. My biggest blogging accomplishment was:
going self-hosted & revamping my blog!
3. These are the skills I acquired this year:
- I improved my French
- I learned advanced coding
- improved my photography
- learned the art of meditation
- learned how to create animated objects using a software
- I learned how to apply henna
4. This year, I learned the following about myself:
I learned that I’m very strong, both mentally and physically. Way more than I thought I was. My heightened ability during training never ceases to amaze me.
5. Here’s something I learned about other people:
everyone is annoying. jk
6. My biggest regret of the year was:
not properly focusing on academics
7. Someone I really enjoyed spending time with this year was:
My close friends and family.
8. I adopted this new positive habit:
9. I dropped this negative habit:
Negative Self Talk / Self Criticism
10. My most common mental state this year was:
11. Here’s how I grew emotionally this year:
I learned to stop taking everything that people said personally.
12. The best gift I received this year was:
the time and love of my loved ones. the best gifts ever.
13. A new food/dish I tried this year was:
Salmon. Yup, I’ve never had salmon before until about two weeks ago.
14. This year my physical health was:
Not in tip-top shape but relatively great.
15. Here’s a new friend I made this year:
I befriended other fellow bloggers this year!
16. This year I traveled to:
Istanbul! And maybe Dubai but I’m not sure if it was this year or the last.
17. Here’s one adventure I had this year:
All those ten days in Istanbul were one giant adventure.
18. This year I spent a lot of time here:
my bed. and school.
19. This year I broke out of my comfort zone by:
Trying new things that I was terrified of before.
20. A hobby I loved spending time on this year was:
Reading. (And napping but that probably isn’t a hobby)
21. This year I practiced self-care by:
- working out
- investing in my skin
- trying to de-stress but failing miserably
- tried to prioritize sleep/naps
22. My biggest time waster this year was:
Movies and TV series.
23. What I am most grateful for this year is:
having my family and closest friends always around, and having their love and support.
24. Here are three words that would sum up this year:
stressful, adventurous, joy-filled
25. How have I developed or changed as a person?
I’ve learned that life is too short to hate things or to hide inside my comfort zone, so I’ve tried new things that I normally wouldn’t have done before. I believe I’m also a little less mean than I was before.
26. What have I done differently this year? What new people have I met or new experiences have I had?
I’ve stopped holding grudges. I’ve practiced self-care and reflection as much as possible. I’ve changed my perspective on certain things and I’ve tried not to judge people. Met quite a few lovely people, both inside and outside the blogosphere, and have had so many new experiences from visiting new places to working with different bloggers – and companies. (well, almost)
27. How much fun have I had this year? Was I fulfilled?
I’ve had loads and loaaaaads of fun this year, it’s been so amazing. Definitely fulfilled.
28. Who has helped me, been influential or impacted my life this year?
There are so many people, but mainly I would say my mother, my family, and my closest friends.
29. What am I really proud of?
Being prepared for the next year (blogging wise), learning how important self-care is, and not giving up.
30. Is everything I have done this year in alignment with my big dream or goal?
I can’t say yes to everything, but mostly yeah. There are definitely some things I wish I had done differently, but what’s done is done.
I hope you guys enjoyed reading through that, and I still strongly suggest that you go ahead and reflect on your year as well. It makes a big difference in how your new year will start, even though you might not realize or notice it. Thank you for sticking until the end. Don’t forget to follow my blog and subscribe via email! New posts soon x